NOC Group: Supervisors, Recording, Distributing and Scheduling Occupations (1215)
NOC Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
Job Location (s): 638 Derwent way Delta BC V3M 5P8
PTOLEMYTECH CONSULTANTS INC. is currently hiring two Logistics Supervisors for their team.
• Reporting to the manager, Logistics, this position is responsible for the coordination of and workflow practices within the Logistics Department including supervising staff, supplies and vehicles, asset and inventory management, improving logistical processes to maximize resource availability and ensure workplace health and safety and quality assurance.
• Supervises designated staff including: work assignments, orientation and training requirements, ensuring safety and security of the immediate work area, establishing individual and team goals, ongoing monitoring and evaluating performance, reviewing work, travel expense/allowance approval, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures, facilitating resolutions to problems, and referring unresolved issues to the Manager.
• Ensures operational needs of the Logistics department are met by scheduling staff including maintaining and approving timekeeping/payroll records in accordance within the establish budget and policies/procedures and agreement requirements.
• Ensures all safeguards are taken for the safety of all areas of the organization, ensuring procedure is followed.
• Coordinates the availability and delivery of vehicles and/or equipment for driver training, emergency, service centers and other operational purposes. Coordinates the movement of the fleet to and from the yard and for operational purposes and, on occasion, directly to incidents.
• Monitors inventory and expenditure of supplies including data input of inventory on hand/stock re-orders.
• Following process and procedures; reviews, investigates and forwards all vehicle and equipment checks and reports to the appropriate area as required.
• Recommends improvement opportunities to the system and ensures compliance/ participates in quality assurance programs.
• Assist with budget preparation and administration
• Prepare and present staff reports and other correspondence as appropriate and necessary
• Completion of secondary school is required. Any post secondary education in supply chain management or business or a related field will be an asset.
• 2-3 years of experience in the logistics industry are required.
• Excellent communication skills in English are required to effectively negotiate with drivers, carriers, suppliers, and customers.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
As per BC Employment Standards Act. How to Apply We strongly encourage Students, Youth, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, seniors to apply. Willing candidates are requested to apply immediately by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: PTOLEMYTECH CONSULTANTS INC. 638 Derwent way Delta BC V3M 5P8
2017-2018 AboriginalCanadianJobs.com All Rights Reserved