We are looking for someone to assist our family, caring for an elderly woman. She has had a serious stroke and is unable to walk, manage her bowel and bladder functions, feed, dress or bathe herself without assistance. She is functionally paralyzed.
We are looking for someone to assist our family, caring for an elderly woman. She has had a serious stroke and is unable to walk, manage her bowel and bladder functions, feed, dress or bathe herself without assistance. She is functionally paralyzed on her entire right side.
- Assist with bathing and personal hygiene, dressing and undressing on a daily basis;
- Plan and prepare meals and snacks;
- Administer medication;
- Housekeeping duties, including ensuring the house is clean and tidy, laundry, clean up after meals;
- Drive her to doctor’s appointments, as needed.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Able to read and communicate in English;
- Fluent in Farsi (spoken and reading);
- Completion of high school required but post-secondary education is an asset;
- Current certificate in standard first aid and CPR;
- At least 6 months of training or at least 1 year of full-time paid employment as a caregiver;
- Must be able to work independently in an unsupervised setting.
- Title: Home Support Worker – Senior (NOC 4412)
- Full-time, permanent
- Hours of work: 40 hours a week
- Schedule: Shift work with weekends and evenings sometimes required
- Job location: Near the intersection of Lincoln Avenue and Pipeline Road in Coquitlam
- Employer: Masud Sagheb
- Salary: $17.00 an hour
- Reliable, trustworthy, warm, calm, clean and organized.
If interested in this position, please apply by email to Masud Sagheb at email@example.com with a cover letter and resume. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.